30 November 2011 – Horizon 2020: Investing in the common good
At the same time as the European Commission presented its Research and Innovation Framework programme – Horizon 2020, Health Action International (HAI) Europe and Trans Atlantic Consumer Dialogue (TACD) organized an expert conference to examine how this proposal will invest 80 billion Euros of taxpayers’ money in economically and socially sustainable innovation models. The present financial crisis calls for bold experimentation with new innovation models that guarantee more openness, easier accessibility and higher result-oriented efficiency.
24 September 2011 – Mad Medicine: Do conflicts of interest drive you crazy?
HAI Europe Open Seminar in cooperation with the Critical Voices Network Ireland in Cork, Ireland
- Ivor Browne (Critical Voices Network Ireland) Mental Illness- the Great Illusion?
- Lisa Cosgrove (University of Massachusetts- Boston) Conflicts of Interest and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
- Adriane Fugh-Berman (PharmedOut and Georgetown University) Conflicts of interest in drug promotion and more
- David Healy (Cardiff University) The Cardinals of Psychiatry presentation notes
- Agnes Higgins (Irish Institute of Mental Health Nursing) Case studies of potential conflicts of interest issues arising in Irish psychiatric medicine
- John McCarthy (Critical Voices Network Ireland) Mad Pride sound clip
- Barbara Mintzes (University of British Columbia) Conflicts of interest in regulation and the meaning of “effectiveness” and “safety”
- Richard Patterson (Critical Voices Network Ireland) Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
- Noel Wathion (European Medicines Agency) The European Medicines Agency Handling of Conflicts of Interests
4 August 2011 – ASEFUAN Academic Conference Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- HAI Europe Presentation: Essential Innovation and Access to Medicines: towards new models of research and development (Part 1) (Part 2)
4 – 8 July 2011 – Utrecht University/WHO Collaborating Center Policy Analysis Summmer Course
23 – June 2011 – Farmamundi Meeting, Valencia, Spain
6 May 2011 – ASEFUAN / IGIR Dialogue on Trade and Competition in the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
13 April 2011 – EPSA Annual Congress – HAI Europe Workshop – Medicines Information:Independent or Promotional?